The Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Team at Shropshire CCG has been involved in the Local Health Economy (LHE) development of a new Catheter Card. The card is part of improvement work undertaken by the LHE E.coli BSI reduction group and is to replace the existing catheter passports. The aim is that the new card will help to improve communication of urinary catheter insertions and planned removals between service providers.
The cards will be completed by the healthcare professional who inserts the initial catheter (in SaTH, RJ&AH, nursing homes, community hospitals or community nursing teams). It will be replaced if, and when, the clinical information needs updating and the patient should be requested to carry their card with them at all times.
This card will help to promote effective hydration as well as provide patient contact details. It will also act as a prompt to healthcare professionals to consider a ‘Trial Without Catheter’ where appropriate. The Catheter Card will be available via the Shropshire Continence Advisory Service via SCHT, to print off when required.
- View the New Catheter Card
Coroners GP Referral Form
H.M. Coroner’s Service for Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin wishes to promote the electronic reporting of deaths by GPs to the Coroner’s Office. A similar system has been working with Medical Practitioners from Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust for some time. The coroner believes that this will be mutually beneficial to his office and busy GPs as it saves time by allowing the GP to complete the task promptly and reduces delays caused by not always being able to access the Coroner’s Office by telephone. A copy of the GP form is available here. It also contains the email address to which it should be returned.
Immunisation and Vaccination information
Immunisation and Vaccination Queries pathway
Contact details for the Shropshire and Staffordshire Screening and Immunisation Team (SSSIT)
Sue Wynn - NHS England contracts manager for practices in Shropshire: email@example.com
Email address for Screening and Immunisation Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Midlands North Health Protection Team:0344 225 3560 (option 2)
Travel advice line for healthcare professionals
Telephone: +44 (0)845 602 6712 (local call rate)
Please note: mobile charges may vary
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 11:00
Mondays and Fridays 13:00 – 14:00
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 13:00 – 15:30
NaTHNac website: https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/
Appointments/Scheduling/Checking Immunisation Status
West Midlands Child Health Information Service (Northern Hub)
Tel: 01785 221151
Other useful Web links
Incomplete and uncertain vaccination status algorithm https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vaccination-of-individuals-with-uncertain-or-incomplete-immunisation-status
Complete routine Immunisation schedule: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-complete-routine-immunisation-schedule
Contact details for the Shropshire CCG Medicines Management Team
Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry
Francis Inquiry Report - this will take you to the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry website. There you will find the full Public Inquiry report, including executive summary, frequently asked questions and other information about the Inquiry.
Government Initial Response to the Francis Inquiry Report - this will take you to the document 'Patients First and Foremost: The Initial Government Response to the Report of Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry'.
NICE Notification Templates
The NICE Notification Templates zip file contains:
- Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, rituximab, abatacept, golimumab tocilizumab for RA after failure TNF inhibitor TAG 195 TAG 198 TAG 225[pdf] 45KB
- Adalimumab and etanercept for ankylosing spondylitis TAG 143[pdf] 40KB
- Adalimumab for the treatment of adults with psoriasis TAG 146[pdf] 37KB
- Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, Golimumab and Certolizumab pegol for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis TAG 130, TAG 186, TAG 225 [pdf] 40KB
- Aflibercept for treatment of age related macular degeneration TAG 294 [pdf] 120KB
- Aflibercept for visual impairment caused by macular oedema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion TAG 305 [pdf] 191KB
- Alitretinoin for the treatment of severe chronic hand eczema TAG 177[pdf] 31KB
- Apixaban for preventing stroke and systemic embolism in people with non valvular AF TAG 275 [pdf] 70KB
- Policy for the commissioning of treatments with Botulinum Toxin Type A and B[pdf] 22KB
- Continuous positive airway pressure for obstructive sleep apnoea or hypopnea syndrome TAG 139 [pdf] 107KB
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion for diabetes mellitus TAG 151[pdf] 39KB
- Denosumab for the secondary prevention of fragility fracture in postmenopausal women TAG 204[pdf] 78KB
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant - macular degeneration sec retinal vein occlusion TAG 229 [pdf] 111KB
- Dronedarone for the treatment of non-permanent AF TAG 197[pdf] 36KB
- Eltrombopag for treatment of chronic immune (idiopathic) thrombocytopenic pupura TAG 293 [pdf] 112KB
- Etanercept for the treatment of adults with psoriasis TAG 103[pdf] 38KB
- Etanercept, infliximab golimumab and adalimumab for treatment psoriatic arthritis TAG 199, TAG 200 [pdf] 120KB
- Fluocinolone, acetone, intravitreal implant for treating chronic diabetic macular oedema TAG 301 [pdf] 113KB
- Infliximab for acute exacerbations ulcerative colitis TAG 163[pdf] 25KB
- Infliximab and adalimumab for the treatment of Crohn's disease TAG 187[pdf] 44KB
- Infliximab for the treatment of adults with psoriasis TAG 134[pdf] 38KB
- Ivabradine for treating chronic heart failure TAG 267 [pdf] 116KB
- Natalizumab for treatment of adults with highly active relapsing- remitting multiple sclerosis TAG 127 [pdf] 102KB
- Ocriplasmin for treating vetromacular traction TAG 297 [pdf] 114KB
- Prasgugrel for treatment of acute coronary syndromes with percutaneous coronary intervention TAG 182 [pdf] 107KB
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of macular oedema secondary to retinal vein occlusion TAG 283[pdf] 255KB
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration TAG 155[pdf] 41KB
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of diabetic macular oedema TAG 274[pdf] 70KB
- Ranibizumab for treating choroidal neovascularisation associated with pathological myopia TAG 298 [pdf] 112KB
- Rivaroxaban for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip or total knee replacement adults TAG 170[pdf] 25KB
- Romiplostim for the treatment of chronic immune (idiopathic) thrombocytopenic purpura TAG 221[pdf] 33KB
- Somatropin (human growth hormone) for adults with growth hormone deficiency TAG 64[pdf] 33KB
- Somatropin (human growth hormone) for treatment in children TAG 188 [pdf] 107KB
- Teriflunomide for treating relapsing - remitting multiple sclerosis TAG 303 [pdf] 112KB
- Teriparatide for secondary prevention osteoporotic fragility fractures postmenopausal women TAG 161 [pdf] 108KB
- Ticagrelor for the treatment of acute coronary syndromes TAG 236[pdf] 38KB
- Ustekinumab for the treatment of adults with moderate to severe psoriasis TAG 180[pdf] 39KB
Pathways and Guidelines
New Pathways and Guidelines are published here.
Safeguarding policies and documents are available on the Safeguarding Policies page of this website. Included within the Safeguarding Policies page is a GP Resource Pack 'General Practice Child Safeguarding Supporting Development at Level 3: GP Child Safeguarding Competencies'.
Shared Care Agreements
The Shared Care Agreements are published here.