‘What is Your Experience of the NHS Blood Taking Services in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin?'

18 February 2021 4:17pm

‘Tell us about your experience of the blood taking (phlebotomy) services’ is the message to patients from health leaders at NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).

A patient experience survey, which has been launched by local health commissioners, is looking to gather the views and experiences of people in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin in order to shape improvements to the blood taking services.

The survey is available at: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8JPTBNQ and is open to anyone who has used the service either during the pandemic or before. It takes just 5 to 10 minutes to complete and all information shared will be confidential.

This important piece of work has been produced to gather as much feedback from patients as possible in order to contribute towards commissioning decisions relating to the services which are currently being considered within the CCG.

Feedback is welcomed from adults, carers and the parents of children who have accessed any blood taking services or would simply like to express a view.

Corrine Ralph, Programme Review Manager for the CCGs, said: “Everyone will have used this service at one point or another, so it is important that we collect as many views as possible to shape improvements for this crucial service.

“We are asking everyone in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin to please take the time to fill in this survey and to share their honest views about their experience of the blood taking services.

“At the CCG, we are seeing this as an opportunity to improve and shape a service based on vital feedback offered from patients. It is a chance to involve people directly in plans currently being considered within the CCG and ultimately aid service improvement.”

To access the blood taking (phlebotomy) survey, please click on the following link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8JPTBNQ.

You can also call 07870 973241 for assistance in completing the survey or request a paper copy and freepost return envelope from the CCGs.