Two new public events announced for Future Fit consultation
Local people are being encouraged to find out more about proposals to transform local hospital services as two additional public exhibition events are announced as part of the Future Fit consultation.
The new public exhibition events have been organised to take place on Thursday, 9 August, in Newport and on Tuesday, 21 August in Whitchurch following feedback from local people.
The events will offer people the opportunity to find out the facts about the proposals and to speak with the clinicians that developed them.
More than 450 people attended the first four events, which took place in Telford, Shrewsbury, Newtown and Ludlow.
Dr Simon Freeman, Accountable Officer at NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), said: “Thank you to everyone that’s come along to our events so far. Feedback from attendees so far has told us that they’ve been positive, productive and worthwhile for local people, so we’re pleased to be able to arrange two more.”
Mr David Evans, Chief Officer at NHS Telford & Wrekin CCG, said: “These two new events will help to ensure that even more people are able to make the most of the opportunity to speak to doctors, nurses and other healthcare staff about the Future Fit proposals and what it means for them.
“We’d encourage local people to come along to one of these upcoming events to find out more about our proposals, ask any questions and have their say.”
Future Fit is about improving the hospital services provided at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital in Shrewsbury and the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford to meet the needs of our communities across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales.
The events give local people the opportunity for people to meet doctors, nurses and other health professionals, ask questions, find out more about the proposals and complete a survey. People are welcome to drop in any time from 3.30pm to 7.30pm on the following dates and locations:
There are many ways to get involved in the consultation. These include:In addition to these large-scale public exhibition events, local people can find out more about the Future Fit proposals at a range of other meetings and smaller pop-up displays across the area. Details of these events can be found on the Future Fit consultation website at www.nhsfuturefit.org.
- Attend a public event or meeting in public – visit nhsfuturefit.org for the venues, dates and times
- Pick up consultation documents and surveys at one of more than 70 pop-up events or read them online at nhsfuturefit.org
- Fill out our survey online on our website nhsfuturefit.org
- Complete the survey, which is available in the consultation documents and post it free of charge to FREEPOST NHS FF CONSULTATION
- Write to us at: FREEPOST NHS FF CONSULTATION
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request materials by calling 0300 3000 903 (24-hour answer machine)
- Follow us on social media
- Twitter: @NHSFutureFit
- Facebook: facebook.com/nhsff