Mind Your Head This February
The week commencing the 15 February marks the fourth annual Mind Your Head Campaign organised by the Farm Safety Foundation.
The aim of the campaign is to raise awareness, get people talking about their mental health and make sure farmers get the right support.
According to recent research carried out by the Farm Safety Foundation, 88% of farmers under the age of 40 now rate poor mental health as the biggest hidden problem faced by farmers (an increase from 81% in 2018).
The UK-wide survey of 450 young farmers also revealed that 89% believe that talking about the issue will remove the stigma attached to it.
For more information on ‘Mind Your Head’ visit www.yellowwellies.org or follow @yellowwelliesUK on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
For extra support:
- R.A.B.I. (The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution) Helpline: 0808 281 9490 www.rabi.org.uk
- FCN (The Farming Community Network) 03000 111 999 (7am-11pm daily) www.farmwell.org.uk
- The Addington Fund 01926 620135 www.addingtonfund.org.uk
- RSABI (Scotland) 0300 111 4166 (7am-11pm daily) www.rsabi.org.uk
- Rural Support (Northern Ireland) 0800 138 1678 (weekdays 9am-9pm) www.ruralsupport.org.uk
- Samaritans 116 123 (24/7) www.samaritans.org.
For more support organisations, the National Directory of Farm and Rural Support Groups created by YANA is available from The Prince’s Countryside Fund: www.princescountrysidefund.org.uk.