Shropshire CCG does not commission dentist services. 

However there is some useful information provided below:

NHS Dentistry during coronavirus

Please click here for information about NHS Dentistry during coronavirus.

How to find a dentist

Search for your local NHS Dentist on the NHS website

You do not need to register with a dentist to get regular treatment.  Simply contact a practice offering NHS dentistry and ask if you can have an appointment.

If you are having problems finding an NHS dentist, you can contact the NHS England Area Team's dental helpline on 0113 824 7343 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm only).

What to expect from NHS dentistry

You will be able to have any treatment that your dentist feels you need in order to keep your teeth, gums and mouth healthy on the NHS.  These treatments include dentures, crowns and bridges as well as any preventive treatment needed.  Your dentist should also give you advice on how to keep your teeth, gums and mouth healthy.

Your dentist will ask you back for regular check ups – but not necessarily as frequently as every six months.  If your dental health is good, you may only be asked to come for a check up every two years.

Emergency and specialised dental care

You should be able to get emergency treatment from your regular dentist if the treatment is required in normal opening hours.

If you do not have a regular dentist, visit Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust's website for information on emergency access dental clinics, the NHS dental domiciliary service (home visits), and NHS special care and children's dentistry services.

Out of hours emergency dental care

If you have an urgent dental problem that cannot safely wait until your dental surgery is open, contact 111. 

Patients who require urgent treatment are those requiring attention for:

  • Severe facial swelling and dental trauma
  • Dental and soft tissue acute infection
  • Severe dental or facial pain not controlled by over-the-counter preperations

Patients have to pay NHS Dental Charges apart from patients with exemptions.

Will I need to pay for these services?

For information on NHS dental charges, exemptions and how to get help with health costs, visit the NHS website.

Please remember that before you receive either Band 2 or Band 3 care, your dentist should give you a personal dental treatment plan with full details of what your dentist is going to do and how much it will cost.