Self-care resources for healthcare professionals
As part of its self-care focus campaign, NHS Shropshire CCG has developed a range of resources, for use at your practice, to help spread the word about self-care being the best choice to treat minor illnesses, ailments and injuries.
In order to help us inform patients about self-care we would like to ask for your support in displaying and sharing these in your practice:
Digital resources and display materials:
- Display poster: Changes to medicines or treatments prescribed on the NHS
- No prescription required document: Notification document for referral to local pharmacy (no prescription required). For prescribers only.
- Self-care Guide for GPs and Pharmacies Poster: Quick-reference display poster for GPs and Pharmacies
- Self-care with Over the Counter Medication: Digital version of self-care patient information leaflet
- Video - Looking after you and your family - how ready are you? | Subtitled version: For waiting room screens where available
- National resources (NHS England) - Prescribing of over the counter medicines is changing
- Changes to Medicines Prescribed on the NHS - Patient Information: See related press releases from NHS England and reference guides on those medicines affected
- General exceptions to self-care guidance: Outline of certain scenarios where patients should continue to have their treatments prescribed
- Position Statement (NHS Shropshire CCG): On prescribing of medications available to purchase over the counter