Please note, this is our interim website. Some content may not be available however if you need assistance, please contact us.
Medicines Management Policies
The CCG has adopted some of the policies of the former Shropshire County Primary Care Trust. These are currently under review and are being published on the Policies page of this website once approved and in the correct format. In addition please see specific Medicines Management Policies:
- Antibiotic Prescribing Guidance Primary Care - May 2015
Guidance for GPs on antibiotic prescribing.
- Sativex® Oromucosal Spray for spasticity in multiple sclerosis
Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group has considered the evidence relating to the prescribing of Sativex for patients with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Anticoagulant use in Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation - January 2015
Guidance for GPs on anticoagulant use in stroke prevention in Atrial Fibrillation (NOACs guidance).
Secondary care medicines management policies and pathways
- Policy on Iloprost infusion for the management of severe Symptomatic Peripheral Ischaemia
Policy on Iloprost infusion for the management of severe symptomatic peripheral ischaemia in patients with secondary Raynaud’s Disease or systemic scleroderma to prevent limb amputation.
If there is a policy you are not able to find please Contact Us.
Safeguarding policies and documents are available on the Safeguarding Policies page of this website. Included within the Safeguarding Policies page is a GP Resource Pack 'General Practice Child Safeguarding Supporting Development at Level 3: GP Child Safeguarding Competencies'.
Patient Group Directions (PGDs)
Patient Group Directions (PGDs) are published here:
The Immunisations and Vaccinations zip file contains:
- Content to follow
The PGD Sexual Health zip file contains:
- Azithromycin PGD Feb 2012
- Doxycycline PGD Feb 2012
- ellaONE PGD March 2015
- Levonorgestrel PGD March 2015
Support for Immunisers
Signposting support for immunisers
This document outlines the support available for immunisers in primary care and other community settings.
Pathways and Guidelines
New Pathways and Guidelines are published here.
Shared Care Agreements
The Shared Care Agreements are published here.
NICE Notification Templates
The NICE Notification Templates zip file contains:
- Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, rituximab, abatacept, golimumab tocilizumab for RA after failure TNF inhibitor TAG 195 TAG 198 TAG 225[pdf] 45KB
- Adalimumab and etanercept for ankylosing spondylitis TAG 143[pdf] 40KB
- Adalimumab for the treatment of adults with psoriasis TAG 146[pdf] 37KB
- Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, Golimumab and Certolizumab pegol for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis TAG 130, TAG 186, TAG 225 [pdf] 40KB
- Aflibercept for treatment of age related macular degeneration TAG 294 [pdf] 120KB
- Aflibercept for visual impairment caused by macular oedema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion TAG 305 [pdf] 191KB
- Alitretinoin for the treatment of severe chronic hand eczema TAG 177[pdf] 31KB
- Apixaban for preventing stroke and systemic embolism in people with non valvular AF TAG 275 [pdf] 70KB
- Policy for the commissioning of treatments with Botulinum Toxin Type A and B[pdf] 22KB
- Continuous positive airway pressure for obstructive sleep apnoea or hypopnea syndrome TAG 139 [pdf] 107KB
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion for diabetes mellitus TAG 151[pdf] 39KB
- Denosumab for the secondary prevention of fragility fracture in postmenopausal women TAG 204[pdf] 78KB
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant - macular degeneration sec retinal vein occlusion TAG 229 [pdf] 111KB
- Dronedarone for the treatment of non-permanent AF TAG 197[pdf] 36KB
- Eltrombopag for treatment of chronic immune (idiopathic) thrombocytopenic pupura TAG 293 [pdf] 112KB
- Etanercept for the treatment of adults with psoriasis TAG 103[pdf] 38KB
- Etanercept, infliximab golimumab and adalimumab for treatment psoriatic arthritis TAG 199, TAG 200 [pdf] 120KB
- Fluocinolone, acetone, intravitreal implant for treating chronic diabetic macular oedema TAG 301 [pdf] 113KB
- Infliximab for acute exacerbations ulcerative colitis TAG 163[pdf] 25KB
- Infliximab and adalimumab for the treatment of Crohn's disease TAG 187[pdf] 44KB
- Infliximab for the treatment of adults with psoriasis TAG 134[pdf] 38KB
- Ivabradine for treating chronic heart failure TAG 267 [pdf] 116KB
- Natalizumab for treatment of adults with highly active relapsing- remitting multiple sclerosis TAG 127 [pdf] 102KB
- Ocriplasmin for treating vetromacular traction TAG 297 [pdf] 114KB
- Prasgugrel for treatment of acute coronary syndromes with percutaneous coronary intervention TAG 182 [pdf] 107KB
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of macular oedema secondary to retinal vein occlusion TAG 283[pdf] 255KB
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration TAG 155[pdf] 41KB
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of diabetic macular oedema TAG 274[pdf] 70KB
- Ranibizumab for treating choroidal neovascularisation associated with pathological myopia TAG 298 [pdf] 112KB
- Rivaroxaban for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip or total knee replacement adults TAG 170[pdf] 25KB
- Romiplostim for the treatment of chronic immune (idiopathic) thrombocytopenic purpura TAG 221[pdf] 33KB
- Somatropin (human growth hormone) for adults with growth hormone deficiency TAG 64[pdf] 33KB
- Somatropin (human growth hormone) for treatment in children TAG 188 [pdf] 107KB
- Teriflunomide for treating relapsing - remitting multiple sclerosis TAG 303 [pdf] 112KB
- Teriparatide for secondary prevention osteoporotic fragility fractures postmenopausal women TAG 161 [pdf] 108KB
- Ticagrelor for the treatment of acute coronary syndromes TAG 236[pdf] 38KB
- Ustekinumab for the treatment of adults with moderate to severe psoriasis TAG 180[pdf] 39KB
Local Enhanced Services Specifications
The Local Enhanced Services Specifications zip file contains the CCG Local Enhanced Services specifications:
- Anti Coagulation Therapy Service Specification Template 2014-15
- DVT Service Specification Template 2014-15
- Minor Injuries Service Specification Template 2014-15
- Phlebotomy Service Specification Template 2014-15
- Teledermatology - Service Specification for Hub Sites
Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry
Francis Inquiry Report - this will take you to the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry website. There you will find the full Public Inquiry report, including executive summary, frequently asked questions and other information about the Inquiry.
Government Initial Response to the Francis Inquiry Report - this will take you to the document 'Patients First and Foremost: The Initial Government Response to the Report of Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry'.