Please note, this is our interim website. Some content may not be available however if you need assistance, please contact us.
Pathways and Guidelines
Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) Alerts
Process for AKI e-Alerts and summary actions for GPs:
Autism including Asperger’s and ADHD Pathway
The Autism including Asperger’s and ADHD Pathway is available here.
COPD Prescribing Guidelines
Prescribing guidelines for Management of COPD in Primary Care:
Information on how to access to Faecal Calprotectin Testing within Primary Care:
Shropshire CCG has commissioned Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) to provide a Faecal Calprotectin testing service as part of a primary care pathway for adults presenting to their GP with lower gastrointestinal symptoms.
Individual Funding Requests (IFR) Policy
- Please see our Commissioning Policies page for the Individual Funding Requests Policy and Individual Funding Requests Form.
Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines and Guidance
The Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines and Guidance zip file contains the following documents:
- Scabies Infestations and Outbreaks Management - A Guide for General Practitioners - May 2015 [pdf] 183KB
Medicines Management Guidelines and Guidance
The Medicines Management Guidelines and Guidance zip file contains the following documents:
- Community Antibiotic Policy December 2017 (Issue 6.1)
- Anticoagulant use in Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation - January 2015 (NOACs-prescribing-guidance)
- A Guide to Monitoring Blood Glucose for patients with diabetes in care homes-April 2015
- Treatments for Dry Eyes - July 2015
The Musculoskeletal Pathway zip file contains the following documents:
- Foot-and-Ankle-and-Shoulder-Referral Pathway
- Spine RJAH Referral Guide
NHSE High Impact Interventions: Elective Care - MSK Triage:
Changes to the pathway for orthopaedic referrals
From 1st April 2018, all routine orthopaedic referrals should be sent via Shropshire CCG’s Referral Assessment Service (RAS). They will be reviewed and triaged by the Shropshire Orthopaedic Outreach Service (SOOS). For more information please see here.
Musculoskeletal Patient Leaflets
You can access a range of patient leaflets on the RJAH website (including Achilles Tendinopathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Acute Tibalis Posterior Tendonitis (Medial Ankle Pain), Hallux Valgus (Bunion) and Metatarsalgia).
Pain Management Pathway
The Pain Management Pathway zip file contains the following documents:
- Pain Pathway - March 2014[pdf] 208KB
The Paediatric Pathway zip file contains the following documents:
- Bronchiolitis guidelines
- Clinical assessment tool for use with paediatric pathways
- Gastroenteritis in children under 5
- Wheezing in children under 2 years
- Wheezing in children over 2 years
Policy for Procedures of Limited Clinical Value (PLCV)
- Please see our Commissioning Policies page.
Shropshire Diabetes Guidelines
The Diabetes Guidelines zip file contains the following documents:
- Shropshire Diabetes Guidelines [pdf] 815KB