Please note, this is our interim website. Some content may not be available however if you need assistance, please contact us.
- Value Based Commissioning Policies (formerly Policy for Procedures of Limited Clinical Value)
This policy provides the list of interventions ‘not routinely funded’ by Shropshire CCG and the specified criteria required for the funding of certain other interventions.
- Individual Funding Requests Policy and Individual Funding Requests Form (Appendix 1)
A small number of requests for treatment are made by individual patients each year that are not covered by a Service Level Agreement or other contract. These requests are considered under this policy. This policy seeks to ensure and demonstrate that the CCG has robust processes by which these decisions are taken.
- Consultant to Consultant Referrals Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that patients are referred to appropriate services within secondary care.
- Policy on Silk Garments for Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis
Commissioning policy for the prescribing of silk garments for eczema / atopic dermatitis. The funding of these garments will only be considered in exceptional circumstances through the Individual Funding Request route (see IFR Policy).
- Choice Policy
From April 2012, all patients referred for a first consultant-led outpatient appointment have been able to choose to be treated by a member of a named consultant led team. This policy defines the exceptions to these statements and Shropshire CCG’s principles relating to patient choice.
- Policy for Defining the Boundaries between NHS and Private Healthcare
This policy defines the boundaries between privately funded treatment and entitlement to NHS funding, under a range of circumstances.
- Ethical Framework for Priority Setting and Resource Allocation
This ethical framework should underpin and be applied to priority setting processes carried out by Shropshire CCG with delegated authority.
- Policy for Experimental and Unproven Treatments
It is standard practice for commissioners not to fund treatments which are still considered experimental, irrespective of the ‘potential’ health benefit for either individuals or groups of patients. This policy sets out circumstances where a commissioner may wish to fund an experimental treatment.
- Policy for in-year service developments and CCG's approach to treatments not yet assessed and prioritised
This policy outlines the criteria which will be used by Shropshire CCG to determine whether it will fund an in-year service development.
- Policy for the Implementation and Funding of NICE Guidance
The CCG's policy for the implementation and funding of guidance produced by the National Institute for Care and Excellence (NICE).
- Policy for ongoing access to treatment following a trial not sanctioned by Shropshire CCG
Policy for ongoing access to treatment following a ‘trial of treatment’ which has not been sanctioned by Shropshire CCG for a treatment which is not routinely funded or has not been formally assessed and prioritised.
- Policy for ongoing access to treatment following industry trials or funding
Policy for ongoing access to treatment following the completion of industry sponsored clinical trials or funding.
- Policy for ongoing access to treatment following CCG funded trial
Policy for ongoing access to treatment following the completion of a trial explicitly funded by Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Policy for ongoing access to treatment following non-commercial funded trial
Policy for ongoing access to treatment following the completion of non-commercially funded clinical trials.
- Policy for Patients Changing Responsible Commissioner
Where responsibility for providing NHS services to the patient has been transferred to Shropshire CCG, the CCG will, subject to the terms of this policy, honour existing funding commitments made by the patient’s previous NHS commissioner. The terms of this policy outline the circumstances where NHS Shropshire CCG will and will not honour existing funding commitments.
- Policy and Protocol for the Management of Fertility Treatment in Shropshire
Policy and protocol for the management of fertility treatment in Shropshire. Please note that this policy is currently under review.