Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS is a free, informal, confidential help and advice service for patients, carers and their families. It is there to help you when you need advice, have concerns or don’t know where to turn.
All NHS trusts (for example hospitals, community services, mental health trusts) have their own PALS department. However you can also contact PALS at the CCG with queries relating to any of the above services and you will be offered advice or signposted to the appropriate place.
PALS enquiries relating to primary care services (GP services, dentists, optometrists and pharmacists) should be directed to NHS England.
- Help you get the information you need about the NHS
- Listen and respond to your concerns, suggestions or queries
- Sort out problems quickly on your behalf in an informal and friendly manner
- Use your feedback to help improve the services that we deliver
How to contact PALS
You can access contact details for local PALS teams as follows:
- Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust
- The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS trust
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Freephone: 0800 032 0897
Online: Compliments and Feedback Form
Somerby Suite, William Farr House Site
Mytton Oak Road
NHS England (for PALS enquiries relating to primary care services):
Telephone: 0300 311 22 33
PO Box 16738
Any information you give us will be treated as strictly confidential. We may need to collect personal information from you in order to provide the best possible service. However, we will not give your personal details to anyone without your consent.