Our Mission and 5 Principles
The mission of Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group is:
‘To have the courage to develop a health system that empowers the delivery of excellent outcomes founded on individual relationships which nurture compassion, respect and dignity’
The group will promote good governance and proper stewardship of public resources in pursuance of its goals and in meeting its statutory duties.
Good corporate governance arrangements are critical to achieving the group’s objectives.
The values that lie at the heart of the group’s work are as follows:
- We will be the type of organisation that listens to and appreciates its staff and members, recognises individual strengths and celebrates successes
- We want teams that are trusting, mutually respectful and have a common purpose
- We want ambitious teams that work in a creative, open and “can-do” way
- We want an air of excitement about our work
- We will be supportive, fostering a no blame culture, ensuring that everyone is knowledgeable and well informed
- We will set out what we intend to do with clarity in order to ensure that we deliver
- We want to break down barriers
- We will be inclusive and delegate responsibilities where we can and be transparent in all our duties and we will go the extra mile for our staff, members and partners.
The CCG's aims are:
- A continually improving healthcare and patient experience
- To create a 'true' membership organisation
- Financial sustainability
- To influence and lead the development of the local health economy
- To grow the leadership for future organisations