Temporary suspension of services at Ludlow MLU tomorrow (Saturday 3 March)
Services at Ludlow Midwife-Led Unit (MLU) will be temporarily suspended from 8pm tomorrow (Saturday 3 March) until 8am on Sunday because of short-term staff sickness.
Women booked to give birth at Ludlow MLU who go into labour during the temporary suspension of services will be offered a birth at another MLU or the Consultant-led unit at the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford. If any women due to give birth at Ludlow MLU require support during this time they will be able to access a Midwife.
All women potentially affected by the suspension have been contacted.
Sarah Jamieson, Head of Midwifery at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH), said: “Unfortunately, due to short-term sickness, it will be necessary to suspend services at Ludlow MLU from 8pm tomorrow until 8am on Sunday. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.”
Notes for Editors:
- The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is the main provider of acute hospital care for almost 500,000 people from Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales. Patients come to us from Telford, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Oswestry, Bridgnorth, Whitchurch, Newtown and Welshpool in Powys.
- The Trust continues to work with its partners in health and social care in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales to develop patient-focused services that meet the needs of our communities.
- If you have any feedback about local healthcare, independent support and signposting is available from Healthwatch Shropshire, Healthwatch Telford and Wrekin and Powys Community Health Council (CHC):
- Healthwatch Shropshire: 01743 237884 or email the team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Healthwatch Telford and Wrekin: 01952 739540 or email email@example.com
- Powys CHC: 01686 627632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact David Burrows, Communications Officer at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, on 01743 261378.