For information

Please note, this is our interim website. Some content may not be available however if you need assistance, please contact us.

Don't show me this again

Patient Care

This page contains information on NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC), Patient Self Care and access to more information on Primary Eye-care Assessment and Referral Service (PEARS).

NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC)

NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) is a package of support funded by the NHS.

It helps care for a patient’s physical or mental health needs that have arisen as a result of disability, accident or illness.

Individuals assessed as having a certain level of care need may receive NHS Continuing Healthcare.

It is not dependent on a particular disease, diagnosis or condition, nor on who provides the care or where that care is provided.

If someone’s overall care needs show that the primary need is a health need, the person should be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare.

More information can be found at NHS Choices.

Anyone who thinks they, a relative or friend, may qualify for CHC should contact the Shropshire CCG Complex CareTeam on 01743 277531 or

Patient Self Care

Self Help

There is a wealth of health information available online.

NHS Choices is the online 'front door' to the NHS. It is the country's biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health. and NHS Choices both provide a vast number of health information leaflets.

Locally, ‘Self Help Shropshire’ contains details of local self help groups and is part of a wider Community Directory. It was put together by Shropshire Council, local NHS Trusts and Shropshire Care Information Providers, alongside patients and members of the public.

Patient Self Care - access information about the Wellbeing Plan (Care Plan) that has been developed locally for patients with a long term health condition.

Primary Eye-care Assessment and Referral Service (PEARS)

If you are worried about a recent eye condition - there is a free service to offer advice.

You can access this service if you are registered with a GP in Shropshire or Telford and Wrekin.

Find out more here.