Become a Patient Representative for the Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board
Update: Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in this opportunity.
We received a number of expressions of interest and therefore these went to a panel for consideration and review.
We are pleased to have made an appointment and we are just finalising details before we can formally make the announcement later this month (March).
For reference and transparency - we will retain the original page below appealing for a new voluntary patient representative.
Become a voluntary Patient Representative on our Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board and help shape local services in Shropshire.
NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is currently seeking a Patient Representative to join the Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board in a voluntary role.
The Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme Board aims to develop services that will give people in Shropshire access to the health and social care they need closer to where they live, either in their own home or in the community. More information on the Shropshire Care Closer to Home Programme is available on this web site at click here
If you live in Shropshire and have experience of using NHS services we want to hear from you.
About this opportunity
For this voluntary role as the Patient Representative on the Shropshire Care Close to Home Programme Board, the CCG is looking for someone who:
- Lives in the County and has experience of NHS services in Shropshire, or a local carer of someone using NHS services in Shropshire.
- An ability to work with senior health and social care professionals.
- Has experience and understanding of the community and voluntary sector in Shropshire.
- Can take part in discussions on agenda items and act as an ambassador for the patient and public voice, working alongside other Programme Board members as equals.
- Has the ability to champion the diversity of patients’ views and not just represent their own experience.
- Can understand and evaluate a range of information and evidence.
- Respect the need for confidentiality.
- Can attend 80% of the monthly meetings, which are held during the day at William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury.
How to put forward your name for consideration
If you would like to become the Patient Representative, the CCG is asking for letters of expression of interest which simply set out why you are interested in this voluntary role and what you would bring to it as well as contact details.
All letters of expression of interest will be reviewed by a panel, which will include representatives from the CCG, and shortlisted candidates may be invited to take part in an informal chat.
Anyone interested in becoming a patient representative must submit their letter by 5pm on Thursday, 31 January, 2019, to Barrie Reis-Seymour, Commissioning and Redesign Lead – Shropshire Care Closer to Home, NHS Shropshire CCG.
Expressions of interest can be either e-mailed or posted to:
Post: NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group, William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8XL
For any further information or queries, please e-mail email@example.com